23 Oct PROTEIN PACKED PUMPKIN BREAD
PROTEIN PACKED PUMPKIN BREAD
The holidays are coming! And you know what that means: temptation is lurking around every corner. But instead of reaching for the typical treats that are loaded with sugar, opt for this protein-and-fiber-packed pumpkin bread. With only 4 tablespoons of honey, it’s a sweet treat that won’t pack on the pounds.
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons Stevia
4 tablespoons chia seeds
3 tablespoons coarsely-ground flax seeds
1 cup chopped walnuts (divided)
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut oil (warm in the microwave until it turns to liquid)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 350F
2. Sift together flours, spices, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Stevia.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients.
4. Incorporate the wet ingredients with the sifted, dry ingredients.
5. Add 2/3 cups chopped walnuts, chia seeds, and flax seeds. Mix well.
6. Pour into a non-stick loaf pan, lightly greased with coconut oil. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and transfer onto a cooling rack to cool.
So there you have it. A very healthy alternative for the holidays.